Do you live a fast-paced life working a full-time job & too busy to make meals for yourself throughout the week? Meal prepping will help alleviate the stress when it comes to trying to eat healthier & set you up for a great week ahead filled with nutritious, delicious meals.
This takes less than 40 minutes to put together, costs less than $25 & makes 5 meals.
I made two different bowls with two different dressings because no one wants to be eating the same thing every day - how boring!
It takes a little multitasking, but if I can do it, anyone can!
I invite you to try this out on Sunday evening. Trust me, your weeks will be SO much easier when it comes to deciding what to have for lunch and/or dinner, whenever you choose to eat them.
Ingredients for the bowls:
2 cups dry quinoa
2 medium sweet potatoes, rinsed & cubed
2 heads of broccoli, rinsed & chopped into florets
2 red peppers, rinsed & sliced
1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
salt & pepper
1 cup fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup walnuts
juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp water
salt to taste
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
1/2 cup tahini
juice from 1 lemon
1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
4 tbsp water **add more for thinner consistency
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place medium pot with 4 cups water & 2 cups dry quinoa on the stove. Place on high heat & bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, stir & cover with a lid. Let cook for 15 - 20 minutes. Then, remove from heat & set aside.
3. While the quinoa is cooking, place the cubed sweet potatoes, broccoli florets, sliced red peppers & garbanzo beans (spread evenly, but not mixed together) on the line baking sheet.
4. Season just the garbanzo beans with chili powder. Season just the sweet potatoes with paprika. Then season all vegetables with garlic powder & salt. Drizzle with olive oil or oil of your choice & give a little mix with a spatula or hands.
5. Place into the oven for 15 minutes. Then, remove, mix each around with a spatula, then place back into the oven for 15 minutes.
6. While the veggies are baking, make the dressings by placing ingredients for the Pesto dressing in a food processor, place on high until well combined. While that's mixing, place all ingredients for the Tahini Lemon dressing in a small bowl & whisk together until well combined.
7. Get 5 airtight containers, evenly distribute the quinoa first, then evenly distribute garbanzo beans & broccoli to all bowls. Distribute red peppers to 2 bowls & sweet potato to 3 bowls. Then, distribute the dressing into small containers with lids & place inside. **I used the Pesto Dressing with sweet potato bowls. I used the Tahini Lemon Dressing with the red pepper bowls.
8. Place in the fridge & enjoy throughout the week! Enjoy!
Health Benefits from Ingredients in the bowls & dressings:
Bell Pepper boosts immunity, reduces inflammation, supports skin & hair health, protects eye health
Broccoli aids digestion, reduces inflammation, promotes detoxification & heart health
Chickpeas support satiety, weight loss, & blood sugar regulation, aid digestion, lower cholesterol
Garlic boosts immunity, reduces blood pressure, promotes detoxification & heart health
Lemon supports weight loss, promotes detoxification, boosts immunity, reduces inflammation
Olive Oil lowers cholesterol, promotes heart health, reduces inflammation
Sweet Potato aids digestion, supports skin health, reduces inflammation
Tahini supports skin & muscle health
Walnuts promote heart health; support blood sugar regulation, insulin response & fertility; reduce inflammation