With Summer in full force, this Lemon Orzo is the perfect recipe to accompany the spicy weather.
You really can’t go wrong making this. It’s such a refreshing dish, packed with flavor & a crowd pleaser!
It goes great as a side dish for a family dinner, but I love having it on its own in a bigger portion for lunch and/or dinner. Some grilled chicken, tempeh or tofu would go really well with this for some added protein!
It takes less than 20 minutes to throw together & made up of easily accessible ingredients!
Ingredients for the Lemon Orzo:
2 cups whole-wheat orzo (I used DeLallo Whole Wheat Orzo)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup pitted olives, sliced
1 cup artichokes, sliced (about 6 artichoke hearts)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Ingredients for the dressing:
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 lemons, juiced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp water
salt & pepper to taste
1. Make the orzo based on instructions on the box.
2. In a large bowl, place sun-dried tomatoes, olives, artichokes & cilantro & mix until evenly combined.
3. In a small bowl, place ingredients for the dressing: garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, water, salt & pepper & whisk together until well combined.
4. Drain orzo & add to the large bowl with the rest of the dry ingredients, mix & evenly combine.
5. Pour the dressing over the orzo mixture, mix until all evenly coated. Enjoy!
Health Benefits from Ingredients in the Lemon Orzo:
Artichokes are a great source of fiber, aid digestion
Garlic boosts immunity, reduces blood pressure, promotes detoxification & heart health
Lemon supports weight loss, promotes detoxification, boosts immunity & reduces inflammation
Olives promote heart health, improve circulation, reduces inflammation, supports bone & brain health
Olive Oil lowers cholesterol, promotes heart health, reduces inflammation
Orzo is a great source of fiber, aids digestion, supports gut health