This granola is a staple in my house! It's my go-to snack throughout the week whenever I am feeling like a sweet but hearty treat. This granola is refined sugar free, gluten-free and oil-free; it will leave you feeling energized without the sugar crash and is absolutely delicious.
This can spice up your yogurt, smoothie bowl or just throw some in a bowl, top with your milk of choice and enjoy it as cereal!
I highly recommend making this recipe your own by adding in your favorite ingredients and/or removing any you're not a fan of!
Ingredients you will need:
1 cup (8-12) medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup tahini
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut sugar
3 cups oats
1 cup almonds & cashews, roughly chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup raw buckwheat kernels
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/2 cup cranberries
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Place oven to 300 F.
2. Remove the pits from the dates. Place pitted dates into a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes to soften up, then drain.
3. Place dates, tahini, vanilla extract, cinnamon & coconut sugar in a food processor. Mix on high until well combined. While mixing, add about 5 tablespoons of water.
3. Mix the rest of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Add mixture from the food processor to the dry ingredients in the large bowl.
5. Mix all ingredients until evenly coated in the wet mixture.
6. Place the granola on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
7. Bake the granola for 30 minutes in a 300 F oven.
8. When granola is lightly brown, remove & let cool on the baking tray. The granola will harden as it cools.
Health Benefits from the ingredients in the Granola:
Almonds promote heart health, lowers ldl cholesterol, supports strong bones & teeth
Cashews promote heart health, increases energy, boosts brain function, supports bone & blood health
Cinnamon improves circulation, supports blood sugar regulation & balanced appetite, promotes heart health
Dates support cardiovascular health & circulation, aids digestion
Flaxseeds promote heart health, improves brain function, balances hormones, reduces inflammation, aids digestion
Pumpkin Seeds reduce inflammation, improves focus, boosts immunity, supports weight loss
Sunflower Seeds lowers risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes & cholesterol; improves skin & cellular health
Tahini supports skin & muscle health
Walnuts promote heart health, supports blood sugar regulation, insulin response & fertility, reduces inflammation