It’s that time of year for all the soups, stews & curries. Since we're in the middle of winter it seems only fitting to have a nice warm, comforting curry!
This is a 'must try' if you're a fan of curry. It is jam packed with flavor! The coconut milk & oil mixed with the curry paste, asparagus & carrot is a combination I’ve never tried, but is so delicious.
I would have never thought that the ingredients in this would pair so nicely together, but it all works so well! That's the true beauty of trying new & different recipes, you may just find one that you absolutely love, but would have never thought to try!
This is a light curry, best served over some quinoa or rice, but can also be enjoyed on its own.
Ingredients you will need:
2 tsp coconut oil
1 white onion, diced
1 jalapeño, diced
1 tbsp ginger, peeled & minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of salt
1 bunch asparagus, remove ends & slice into 2-inch long pieces
4 carrots, peeled & sliced
1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
½ cup water
2 tsp coconut sugar
2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
red pepper flakes
1. In large pot, place coconut oil, onion, jalapeño, ginger, garlic & salt. Place stove to medium-high heat & cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. After onions are translucent, place in asparagus & carrots & cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in curry paste & stir until all vegetables are evenly coated.
3. Pour in the coconut milk, water & add the coconut sugar. Turn the stove to high heat & bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a the simmer & cook until the carrots & asparagus are tender, about 5 - 10 minutes.
4. After 5 - 10 minutes, place and stir the spinach into the pot. Stir until the spinach is wilted, which takes about 30 seconds.
5. Remove the curry from heat. Put in the rice vinegar & coconut aminos, stir.
6. Serve over some quinoa or rice & garnish with cilantro & red pepper flakes.
What is your favorite curry to make? Let me know in the comment box below.
Health Benefits from Ingredients in the Curry:
Asparagus reduces inflammation & promotes heart health
Carrots improve eye health, boost immunity, aid digestion & reduce inflammation
Cilantro promotes detoxification, helps reverse candida, boosts immunity, reduces inflammation, supports bone health
Garlic boosts immunity, reduces blood pressure, promotes detoxification & heart health
Ginger treats nausea & motion sickness, aids digestion, boosts immunity, promotes cell growth
Olive Oil lowers cholesterol, promotes heart health, reduces inflammation
Onion boosts immunity, promotes heart health, reduces risk of cancer
Spinach improves skin & hair health, aids digestion, maintains bone health, reduces inflammation