WOAH! This Broccoli Pesto Pasta Salad is the real deal; it is packed with flavor and so delicious. The ingredient quantity below is for four servings, but I would say you're lucky if you get two out of it, seriously, it is that good. You won't be able to resist going back for seconds.
Making this dish will really test your multi-tasking skills: from roasting the broccoli in the oven while cooking the pasta on the stove and making the pesto in the food processor - but if I can do it, anyone can..and it's so worth it.
Pesto is packed with antioxidants due to the ingredients it takes to make it: basil and garlic. Not only that, but it is filled with flavor that dresses up any dish!
Hemp seeds are considered a superfood because they have a high nutritional value filled with antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins & minerals and they provide various amounts of health benefits.
Click here to continue to learn about the health benefits of hemp seeds. After reading this, you're going to be wondering why you haven't added these to your diet sooner!
This recipes takes about 30 minutes to make once you have all the ingredients together.
Ingredients you will need:
2 small heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
1 1/2 cups dry pasta
2 cups basil
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers or cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
red pepper flakes
1. Place oven to 400 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place broccoli florets on the sheet and top with some sea salt and pepper. Place into the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
4. Place basil, garlic, hemp seeds, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt to food processor. Place on high and scrape down the sides as necessary adding in water or olive oil, if needed, to get liquid consistency.
5. Place broccoli, pasta, onion, sun-dried tomato (roasted red peppers or cherry tomatoes) and nuts in large mixing bowl and combine.
6. Add pesto into the large mixing bowl and stir together until evenly combined.
7. Place into a bowl serving either hot or cold. Top with additional chopped nuts, red pepper flakes and feta cheese.
Health Benefits from the ingredients in the Pasta:
Basil supports brain function, relieves stress, anti-aging properties, strengthens bones, aids metabolism, anti-microbial properties, maintains eyes healthy, strong source of antioxidants
Broccoli aids digestion, reduces inflammation, promotes detoxification & heart health
Garlic boosts immunity, reduces blood pressure, promotes detoxification & heart health
Hemp Seeds support brain health, aids weight loss & digestion, improves cholesterol
Nutritional Yeast supports neurological health, weight loss & muscle repair
Olive Oil lowers cholesterol, promotes heart health, reduces inflammation
Onions boost immunity, promote heart health, reduces inflammation
Tomato reduces inflammation, promotes heart health, may help reduce risk of stroke
Sending you love,